The site is located on the east side of Knott Avenue, 3/4 mile south of Katella Avenue in the City of Stanton. The physical street address is 11232 Knott Avenue, Stanton, CA 90680.
Dates of Operation and Closure
The County operated the site as a refuse disposal station from 1948 to 1955.
Size and Types of Waste
The entire property spans 17.7 acres; however, the waste disposal area was restricted to an unlined 7-acre sandpit. Materials disposed at the site have been identified as routinely burned residential, commercial and inert wastes. Majority of the site is paved with asphalt concrete. No liquid or hazardous wastes are known to have been disposed at the site.
1947 County purchased site from M.M. Stewart.
1948-1955 County operated the site initially as a burn dump, and then transitioned the site from a burn dump to a disposal site when the routine burning of waste was discontinued by the County in approximately 1953.
1955 County ceased operations and closed the site.
1984 City leased the site to CR&R for use as a transfer station.
1985 County deeded the site to the City of Stanton via a Grant Deed.
1988 A water Solid Waste Assessment Test (SWAT) conducted and report submitted to the Regional Water Quality Control Board (RWQCB).
2000 Site included in the Closed Landfill Environmental Assessment and Response (CLEAR) project. No fieldwork was required as part of this initial site assessment. Site assessment report completed and submitted to the Local Enforcement Agency.
2001 Pursuant to RWQCB approval, all groundwater monitoring terminated and monitoring wells abandoned.
2002-2005 No activity at site.
2006 With CIWMB concurrence, LEA reduced inspection frequency to zero until site conditions change or new information becomes available.
2007-2012 No activity at site.
City of Stanton; C.R. Transfer, Inc. (CR&R)
Current Land Use
Materials Recovery Facility and Transfer Station
Environmental Control Measures
No control measures are currently in place at site.