COMPOST & MULCH AVAILABLE AT OC LANDFILLS
Looking for STA Certified compost and/or mulch in Orange County? Compost and mulch are currently *FREE from Bee Canyon Greenery at Frank R. Bowerman Landfill in Irvine and Capistrano Greenery at Prima Deshecha Landfill in San Juan Capistrano. OC Waste & Recycling is accepting requests for compost and/or mulch from Orange County residents, commercial businesses, local cities and government agencies.
STEPS TO SUBMIT A REQUEST & SCHEDULE A PICK-UP OF COMPOST/MULCH:
- Click here to schedule an appointment to pick up compost/mulch - be sure to select the preferred service location.
- You will receive email confirmation when you submit your request with instructions on when, where, and how to pick up your compost/mulch.
- Please note that the greeneries are self-service sites that require you to bring your own tools and containers to load your material (shovels, buckets, bags, etc.).
- Staff will be available for questions and guidance. If you should need special assistance, please make a note in your appointment selection form for consideration.
- Click here for details on the difference between compost and mulch and for tips on composting.
DIRECTION TO GREENERIES:
- San Juan Capistrano
COMPOST & MULCH PICK-UP IS BASED ON AVAILABILITY AT EACH LANDFILL SITE.
FRANK R. BOWERMAN LANDFILL, Irvine – The Bee Canyon Greenery has STA Certified compost and mulch available and is co-located at the Frank R. Bowerman Landfill (11002 Bee Canyon Access Road, Irvine, CA 92602).
PRIMA DESHECHA LANDFILL, San Juan Capistrano – The Capistrano Greenery has STA Certified compost and mulch available and is co-located at the Prima Deshecha Landfill (32250 Avenida La Pata, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675).
*Requests for free compost and/or mulch are processed based upon availability. Compost and/or mulch material are provided as a resource for the community and cannot be resold. The provision of free compost and/or mulch may be discontinued at any time should a rate structure be implemented.
For larger bulk orders of compost and/or mulch material, questions or more information please email: SB1383@ocwr.ocgov.com.